Charleston, South Carolina is a major destination for travelers worldwide. This city is known for its beauty of the coast and lowlands, excellent restaurants, incredible architecture, interesting history, relaxing parks and lots of activities! Its no wonder Conde Nast has named Charleston, SC the #1 US city destination for the fourth year in a row and Kiawah, just outside of Charleston, the #1 island in the U.S. and the #2 island in the world. Charleston has also been ranked the #2 city in the world behind Florence, Italy, in the Conde Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. There is so much to see and do in this fantastic city. Here are some highlights:
– Over 200 restaurants to choose from and several featuring James Beard Award winning chefs, many boasting AAA Four Diamond rating
– Walking and carriage tours of historic Charleston; Patriot’s Point, home of the aircraft carrier, Yorktown; Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, site of the first shots of the Civil War; numerous plantations and garden tours; South Carolina Aquarium; the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry, bike rides on Sullivan’s Island or Folly Beach, shops featuring goods made by local artisans and art galleries emphasizing works of local artists .
– Exciting nightlife booming with excellent late night bars, clubs and live music suitable for every level of the party enthusiast
– Many great hotels ranging from the very luxurious to the eclectic boutique style
– Spontaneous historic charm encompassing a friendly demeanor, not invented but often acquired through osmosis over time
– One of the most popular wedding destinations in the world